Friday, November 13, 2009

Re-commitment

Over the last few months, blogging has not been high on my list. Between our move to the Great Northwest and getting distracted with FB, (a sin I know and I beg for forgiveness) I have completely let the blog go, well I am back and I am re-inviting you posters to get back here too. It is the season for food and time to get recommitted.

With our move, cooking was put on the back burner, (another sin I know) but as I unpacked I realized all the great cookbooks I have and all the recipes in those books that I have never gotten around to trying. Like many other people, I love to read cookbooks like some read a good novel. My first love in the kitchen is baking so I decided to start there with a book my husband gave me for Christmas a few years ago, Baking At Home with The Culinary Institute of America. My goal is to try and follow the recipes without changing them, and learn new techniques. I am learning new technique, but I am having trouble with the "changing recipe" part. A friend told me not to worry about that because I was just making each recipe my own and she is right I am, so I am just going to keep trying. It seems I always have to put my two cents in which can be good and bad. So far I am happy with my two cents, but try the recipes and see what you think and maybe add your two cents. I added to my weight with the move so my next goal I think will be to try and not gain too much weight as I crack open these books, Ha, we'll see how long that lasts.

It's time to get cooking!

No comments: